Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Love Codes

Posted on/at 3:54 AM by The Goddess

I remember my mother telling me that when she and my dad were dating, they couldn't afford the price of a phone call, so they would call at a prearranged time and let the phone ring just once. It was their code for "good night and I love you".

In college, during summer break, my husband (then boyfriend) and I wrote often. Out code was to put the stamp on the envelope upside down. We never talked about it until later, and realized we were both doing the same thing. Guess that made it a top secret love code.

With my son, I used to flash the American Sign Language sign for "I love you" to him after he boarded the bus every morning on his way to kindergarten, and he'd flash it back from the window. We still use it on occasion these days, even though he'll be in fifth grade next month.

What love codes do you use?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin